1. “It’s easy to feel uncared for when people aren’t able to communicate and connect with you in the way you need. And it’s so hard not to internalize that silence as a reflection
2. “Love at every opportunity you are given to love. Be less afraid. Embrace each day (none are promised). Cry when you need to, it’ll make you feel better. You were put on this planet to feel every feeling you could, do that. Everything works out in the end.”
3. “Fill yourself up with art, books, knowledge, experience. Surround yourself with people who have nothing but love to give. These things, they are important. They will help you learn how to love.”
4. “Admire someone else’s beauty without questioning your own.”
5. “I’ve been absolutely terrified every moment of my life— and I’ve never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do.”
6. “I hope you know you’re capable and brave and significant. Even when it feels like you’re not.”
7. "Wherever you are, be all there."
8. “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.”
9. “I have found that most people are as happy as they make their minds up to be."
10. “Be gentle
11. "You are not weak just because your heart feels heavy."
12. “Sometimes being a human is
13. “You will always be too much of something for someone: too big, too loud, too soft, too edgy. If you round out your edges, you lose your edge. Apologize for mistakes. Apologize for unemotionally hurting someone— profusely. But don’t apologize for being who you are.”
14. “Don’t just be good to others. Be good to you.”
15. “Better to be the one who smiled than the one who didn't smile back.”
16. “I used to think I was the strangest person in the world but then I thought there are so many people in the world, there must be someone just like me who feels bizarre and flawed in the same ways I do. I would imagine her, and imagine that she must be out there thinking of me too. Well, I hope that if you are out there and read this and know that, yes, it's true I'm here, and I'm just as strange as you.”
17. “What if I fall?”
“Oh, my darling, what if you fly?”
18.“You are enough. You are so enough. It is unbelievable how enough you are.”
19. “The real world does not start when you leave high school, when you can legally drink, or when you get a job. You have been in the real world your whole life. So go live it.”
20. “The world is full of nice people. If you can’t find one, be one.”