Located in Stillwater, Oklahoma State University is known as “America’s Brightest Orange,” referring to its diverse and intelligent student body. Oklahoma State University offers several separate colleges for students interested in a variety of careers. These include the Engineering, Architecture, and Technology College and the Center for Veterinary Health Sciences.
Oklahoma State University also boasts vibrant student life and recreation opportunities, including a Greek community of over 3,000 students. Greek students participate in activities such as awards banquets, leadership conferences, and community service or charitable events. Represented fraternities and sororities include Sigma Lambda Gamma, Kappa Delta Chi, and Omega Delta Phi.
As a Greek student, you’ll be invited to participate in many special events and conferences, so you’ll need some basic information regarding the services these students often utilize.
• Uber. Uber is a popular transportation service throughout the country and has sustained great Yelp reviews in the Oklahoma City area. Uber drivers in Oklahoma City are known for their “brand new” and “spotless” cars. Car options include current, popular models such as the Nissan Altima, Chevy Impala, and Kia SUV. Oklahoma State students can also use Uber for vehicle detailing and inspection. Safe drives home from parties and other events are guaranteed. The Uber app makes it easy to request pickups, and it streamlines the transportation process.
• Foodie Foot Tours. College students love good food, and Greek participants are no exception. Foodie Foot Tours is a unique Oklahoma City transportation experience involving knowledgeable tour guides and some of the city’s best food on specific routes. Reviewers say the Foodie Foot Tours also give you a unique opportunity to learn more about the culture, architecture, and history of several Oklahoma City neighborhoods. This is a great multifaceted experience for fraternities and sororities as well as individuals who may not be familiar with all the area offers.
• Prince Town Car and Transportation. Prince’s Yelp reviews are between three and five stars; three out of four reviewers gave it a perfect rating. Prince’s drivers are known to be on time or early and are cited as patient and friendly. Prices are generally lower than most yellow cab services, and bottled water and newspapers are provided in each car. One reviewer claims Prince provides “the perfect ride to the airport,” making it a good choice if you’re participating in an out-of-state Greek conference or other fraternity and sorority travel, such as spring break.
At times, Greek life will require trips involving hotel stays. You may also want to invite your family to stay in a nearby hotel during visiting days, rush week, or orientation. With this in mind, we’ve chosen the best Oklahoma City hotels for fraternity and sorority members.
• Embassy Suites OKC. With an overall 4.5-star Yelp rating, Embassy Suites is noted for its abundance of room and conference space. It has been called “modern and sleek” with “well-appointed” meeting rooms, perfect for Panhellenic and other council gatherings and conferences. Free evening snack hours are offered, and the staff is cited as particularly helpful and friendly. Finally, Embassy Suites is located near some of Oklahoma City’s best entertainment and restaurants, as well as a medical center for any emergencies that may arise.
• Holiday Inn Express and Suites. This hotel has received plenty of Yelp reviews, the majority of which are 4- and 5-star rated. Reviewers cite advantages such as huge rooms, a delicious hotel breakfast, and reasonable pricing. The customer service is also notable; one reviewer writes that the staff mailed lost sunglasses all the way back to California after finding them. The hotel also offers front door service and prompt housekeeping services. It is located within walking distance of Bricktown.
• Hilton Garden Inn. With plenty of four- and five-star reviews, the Hilton Garden Inn is noted for its customer service; reviewers compliment staff members by name when they’re particularly impressed. The hotel is located near the airport, making it convenient for travelers, and is frequently complimented for cleanliness. Reviewers say the rooms are particularly quiet and cite the pool and 24-hour snack bar as advantages to staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Greek life is one of the most fun and social aspects of any college experience, and this includes parties and gatherings. Whether you’re attending a rush party, a winter formal, or a spring fling, you’ll need plenty of music. We’ve highlighted some of Oklahoma City’s top DJ services to help meet your musical needs.
• 405 Productions. Established in 2008, 405 Productions is the brainchild of people who wanted party, wedding, and event guests to have a better DJ experience than they themselves normally received. 405 Productions will follow your event schedule to the letter or even help you plan your schedule. It promises a myriad of music options, including songs you choose that may not be on a regular playlist. The 405 staff also takes song requests and provides videography and photography where needed.
• DJ Connection. DJ Connection serves Tulsa and the surrounding suburbs and cities, including Oklahoma City. Reviewers report the DJ Connection staff easily works with on-site staff members to coordinate guest movement, schedules, and enjoyment. Songs and services are personalized for each event, and if needed, DJs and staff will stay longer than contracted to make sure guests’ needs are met. Additionally, reviewers promise the music selection will “get people on the dance floor and keep them there.”
• Formalwear Services. Although Greek life is known for being open and casual, there will be times you’ll need a tux, suit, or dress for a fraternity or sorority function. With this in mind, we’ve gathered information on some of the best formalwear services in and near Oklahoma City.
• Beloved Bridal Boutique. With 4.5 stars in The Yellow Pages, Beloved Bridal offers wedding dresses and much more. Bridal, bridesmaid, and veil collections are available for any sorority sister attending a wedding, as are other styles of formal dresses and tuxedos. Flexible online scheduling is available, and the boutique is open five days per week, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Beloved Bridal contracts with Jim’s Formal Wear for overnight shipping, and the staff can create personalized profile folders for any member of your party.
• Masquerade Costume and Tuxedo Rental. Located directly in Oklahoma City, this costume and formalwear shop has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. The store has received a plethora of four- and five-star reviews, and its costumes and tuxes are available to rent or purchase depending on your needs. Reviewers cite the brightness and cleanliness of the shop as advantages in addition to its organization and myriad of professionally made choices.